- All numbered Plastics (no caps or lids w/out numbers)(no #6 Styrofoam). Plastics can be commingled together.
- Glass, clear and colored
- Steel Cans
- Single-Layered Cardboard - tissue & cereal boxes, etc. (No waxed cardboard.) Due to the limited amount of space on the Curbside Recycling Truck, only a small amount of corrugated cardboard can be picked up curbside, such as a clean pizza box.
- Slick Paper (magazines, catalogs, some junk mail, etc.)
There are no charges or stickers needed for curbside collection of your recyclables. All you need is the City's recycling container. There should be a recycling container at your address. If not, you can pick one up at the Recycling Center. This recycling container is to stay at each addres it is provided for. It is not to be removed from the residence when you move.
If you place out at your curb or alley more than one of the above-listed curbside recyclables for collection by Waverly's Recycling Truck, the items need to be separated either by using bags or by using additional containers you've purchased at the store. The City does not accept your recyclables if they are commingled.
Curbside Recycling Examples:
- You can place your newspapers loose in the bottom of the City's recycling container and then place a bag or two of other curbside recyclable items on top of the newspapers.
- You could choose to use the recycling box for just one item, such as single-layered cardboard or maybe newspapers, and then place a container or two of your own filled with other recyclables along side your recycling box.
- Newspapers picked up by the Recycling Truck need to be either: bundled or bagged if placed outside of box or placed loose in bottom of box.
- All plastic containers (no bags) can be commingled. Due to the compaction process, please remove all caps from the bottles. The caps can be recycled with the plastics.
Curbside Recycling Schedule:
Curbside recyclables are picked up on your regular garbage day during the 1st and 3rd full weeks (7 days) of each month. They should be placed out for collection by 7:00 a.m. (Note: A full week is considered a 7-day week starting with Sunday.)
|Sept.||2-6||16-20||Sept. 2 picked up Sept. 3|